Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

7 Months

7 months has come so fast! Although at times, I'll admit, I couldn't wait for him to be old enough to tell me what he needs/wants, and can do all sorts of fun stuff. Look at what a cutie he is!

This past month has been, by far, my favorite! He has been soo much fun! He laughs so much more and can actually play! He is so much more interactive and full of personality. And I just can't help but stare at him sometimes. He is so precious! I know most moms feel that way about their children but I'm really just so amazed at what a cute little stinker he is.

At 7 months:

-Tate can now CRAWL! YAY!! It's still wobbly when he's on his hands and knees and can only go a few crawls and then it's back to the army crawl. He can get around, and FAST, when he army crawls. It is so funny to watch him light up when he sees something he wants and then he goes after it. I'm so proud!

-Still not sleeping through the night :( or taking long enough naps during the day :( :( However, in the past couple of days he has been doing lots and lots better so I'm praying that we are taking some big steps forward.

-He can pull himself up on me when I'm sitting down on the floor with him. If he gets bored with his toys he often comes over and wants me to pick him up. So he crawls up on my knees and then stands up so I can give him some sugars. What a mama's boy :)

-He still LOVES his walks. That stroller has been a God send for us. We go on about 2-3 good walks a day. It is so hard because it's hot but we will go early in the morning or close to bedtime so it's a little cooler. I can't wait for fall and it's cooler weathers.

-He was in the nursery at church for the first time with all the other infants on Sunday and did great! He was asleep when we got there and slept for a while and when he woke up they said he didn't even cry or fuss. He played with the toys and crawled around to watch the bigger kids play. He was a good little boy!

-He now wears a size 5 diapers-they are a little big but I prefer them bigger because the size 4s leg holes are really tight and didn't seem comfortable for him.

-He wears size 9/12 month clothing. I've started stocking up on some cooler weather clothes in size 12/18 months :-O My little baby is such a big boy!

-He eats 3 meals of baby food at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then about 32 ounces of formula when he first wakes up and in between meals and right before bed.

-He's been really congested for the past week and not feeling the greatest. It makes me sad to see him feel bad, although he really has been in a great mood, surprisingly. We took him to the doctor last Monday and got a decongestant so I hope it works and I use a cool mist humidifier in his room at night. He weighed 20.6 pounds, which means he has not gained or lost any in the past month. This is probably from how active he has been.

-He's been in an awesome mood for the past month. He still has his fits of fussiness and crying, like any baby, but he's been so much happier. He's been laughing a lot and really interactive and playful. I love it!

-We love to use the walker! It has been great. He runs around the house and often chases poor unexpected puppy dogs. He also has perfected turning, backing up, and running over toes. :)

-He now has 2 bottom teeth!!!! They are sooo adorable! I loved his gummy grin but I also really love these new little teefers that have come in. He really likes to bite faces! He will grab your hair and pull you close and give you big ol slobbery kisses/bites. They are cute but often messy and sometimes painful. He didn't do so well with teething pain so I'm really praying the next teeth break though quick and painlessly. Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed anyways.

-He loves to be tickled and play peek-a-boo!

-He likes to look at ceiling fans.

-Trevor and I actually went to Houston for the day to watch a concert and spent the night at Courtnie's. So mom watched little man and he did really well; although, I have to admit it made me really sad to leave him and I was thinking about him constantly. It was so hard but it was nice to have a little "us" time. Thanks again Grammy!

-He sleeps about 5 hours at a time and wakes up 1-2 times per night. When he's at Grammy's he often sleeps for longer periods-why? I have no idea. She must have the magic touch. However, last night and the night before he slept 9-10 hours total and only woke up once really. We are trying hard to cut out night time feedings but it's hard. It will just take some work. The past 3 or 4 days he has taken between 1-1.5 hour naps and about 2-3 naps. I don't know if this is because of being congested and not sleeping great at night or what but I like that he is sleeping better; however, I don't care how much sleep I lose, I don't want my baby sick.

-We are going to start having once a week play dates with babies from church and then any other times with friends' kids. I love that he will have this interaction with other babies.

-He is starting to do the "gimme hands" where he opens and closes them when he sees something he wants. This melts my heart. I think it's so sweet and cute.

-He loves funny noises, his yellow cup, when Grandpa swings him around in his walker through the air, a blue pillow Grammy got him, his hammer at Gigi and Papa's house, his stackable rings, and dogs to chase.

Every day I'm more and more grateful for the life I have. I'll never be able to explain what an amazing family I have. Tate is the most precious gift I could've asked for and amazed me every single day at what a true blessing he is. Trevor has been a wonderful husband and an awesome daddy. He really is a hands on dad and helps me so much. He loves to play with Tate and even gets up with me at night to help with Tate. Sometimes if it's really early and I''m exhausted he'll take him on a long walk to let me get some extra sleep :) And not to mention what a great extended family we have. Thanks to everyone for all your help and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment