Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Long day

Today we were awoken by an unhappy little boy around 4 am. He cried and fell back asleep and then woke up again about 5. Trevor got him a bottle and then put him into bed with us where he woke up SCREAMING at 7. Nothing I could do would make him feel better. Finally he settled down and ate a little bit, but he was still unhappy. I checked his temperature to make sure he didn't have a fever and he didn't. My mom wanted to keep him for the day so she picked him up around 10. He wasn't happy for the rest of the afternoon and finally went down for a 2 hr nap around 12. She said he woke up pretty happy but then he went back to his fussy self.


I had my 16 weeks doctor appointment at 1:30 today and we found out that we will be getting our big ultrasound on January 3rd! YAY! I'm excited but still on the fence about finding out the gender. We got to hear the heartbeat and it was in the 150-160 range. All my labs came back great and I've gained a total of 2 pounds. It still seems pretty low but I'm sure I'll catch up. I wasn't feeling all that great so I came home and took a nap. Later Trevor and I went to run some errands and get pizza and I ended up throwing up in the Domino's parking lot :-( uGH..poor delivery guy had a surprise when he came out to deliver his truck to go to his next stop. Sorry, pizza guy! We came home and mom brought Tate back.


He still was feeling bad and I checked his temperature and to my surprise it was 100.8! I knew I didn't wanna wait all night before taking him in tomorrow so we packed up and headed to the emergency room. We were there for about 2 hours. He had to have his temp taken in the tushy for the first time---he was PISSED! The temperature came back at 101.6! So then we saw the doctor and as soon as he looked in his ears he knew it was a bad ear infection on both sides. He gave us Tylenol and then gave Tate shots  in both of his poor wittle legs :-( Apparently, this type of antibiotic is intense and it is super strong but it causes extremely sore legs so he will be an unhappy boy tomorrow. I just hope he feels better very, very, very soon! I hate when he's sick.


So that's been our day. Not so bueno. We are hoping for a better-feeling, happier tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your posts and I hope Tate gets better soon!!! You Christmas Card was adorable and BIG congrats on baby #2!:) Take care!

    ReplyDelete