Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Hospital Update

Last week we had a scare. Victor and Trish offered to keep the boys for Saturday night so Trevor and I could go to his friend's wedding in Florence. We were excited; however, all night I felt a little uneasy. I swear it was that Mama's instinct.

The next morning Tate woke up with some breathing issues. Trish called while we were at breakfast to find out how to use the nebulizer and I knew it wasn't good. So Mom and Trish and Victor met at our house to get the breathing treatment. Tate seemed to improve but throughout the day began to have problems again. Around 5 we decided it was time to go in to the Urgent Care clinic to check him out. When we got there they immediately got us back because it was indeed urgent. They gave him a breathing treatment and a steroid to get him kick started but then they informed me he needed to have monitoring and I needed to go to the hospital.

Tate seemed fine, in fact he was happy and sounded great. But I didn't want to take any chances throughout the night so we went to the ER (This time of year I dread going around hospitals/clinics because of all the viruses spreading). They got us in pretty quick and with one listen the ER doc told me he would admit Tate. They brought in the IV and I was so worried but Tate didn't even hardly flinch. I was so proud. He did great the entire time!

He got sent up to his room and we got settled in. The nurses were sweet but I hated being there. Tate had to get treatments throughout the night and the next day he got steroids. Dr. Acton said he sounded great and we got discharge orders.

Tate did great through the whole thing and I was very impressed with his patience and bravery. He's doing much better now and we just finished the course of steroids (thankfully, he was a crazy man on them). We'll just have to be careful when his allergies are bad and keep taking all the preventative meds. Bless his little heart but hopefully he will grow out of it.

Thanks to all who said prayers for him! We are grateful he's back to his healthy self!

No comments:

Post a Comment