Had my 36 week check up today. Blood pressure and my weight were both good. When Dr. McClintock did the measurement I came up 3 weeks short! I still don't understand that-I thought I was measuring right on time last week...hmmmm. So, he was a little concerned and wanted to make sure Baby P was growing well. We did an ultrasound (I secretly love them because I get to see my little man). He is head down and measuring right on time if not a little bit above average (he's been this way everytime we've measured him). The ultrasound tech said that he is measuring at 6 pounds and 10 ounces! That seems so crazy to me! I can't believe the time is right around the corner! He said that things are great now that we see he is growing well. I asked him if this is a problem-we will continue to monitor my growth week by week and if I still measure small and it becomes an unfavorable environment for him (too cramped) we will discuss our options at that point. So, next week I will find out more about how everything is progressing and where we stand. The good thing is, that by Saturday we will have a full term baby! YEA!!
Big thank you to a great big sis, Courtnie. With her help, we were able to put the crib together and finish decorating when she came up this weekend. Unfortunatley, all my hard work on customizing the curtains did not pay off in my favor. After about 3 hours of work on both panels I put them up and realized that one panel was floor length and the other is NOT! GRRRR....so I'm gonna have to take down the curtains in the living room and use those as side panels and use my customized one panel in the center of the window. There will be pictures to come tomorrow.
I still can't decide whether or not to get 2 things- a bassinet/sleeper to put in our room for the first couple of weeks and baby monitor. His room is so close to ours and I would like to start him off in his crib. However, I know this will be rather inconvenient for feedings and I will probably be crazy protective those first couple of weeks and would not be comfortable with him in the other room. I'm just not sure if it is worth the money. The monitors would be good-but another cost for such a small house. I guess I'll figure it all out and it might just be a look, wait, and see kinda thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment