Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Moments of Joy

Tate brings so much joy to my life! Just watching him grow and learn everyday is so special. I'm enjoying seeing him explore, even if sometimes it means seeing his chubby little legs escaping out the doggie door. I'm enjoying watching him play and interact with us in new ways every day, "bull-doozing" into us with his head, nuzzling, and laughing when we do something silly. He's changing so much and each day I try to enjoy what we are doing and really bask in the moments of pure bliss when he's in a good mood and we are having fun. He still has his times of discontent when he's grouchy or fussy. And it's wearing, but even in those times he's our beautiful baby boy who's giving us more than we could've ever imagined. I love him so much.

He's going through his attachment phase where he gets upset when he sees someone close to him leave. The other day he wailed at the backdoor when Trevor took out the trash. But he gets over it quick and is adjusting more and more. He loves to be held and be the center of everyone's attention-hmm, wonder where he got that?! ;-)

He's had a couple of play dates lately and he's done great! He loves to figure everyone out and play with all new toys. Babies at this age aren't great at sharing but he's very good about not getting upset when someone takes something he's playing with and if he takes something away from another baby I try to teach him to play nicely and to share. I thought he would be overwhelmed the other day since there were so many babies but he loved it. He didn't fuss once! He just went around the room checking everything and everyone out and made himself right at home. I'm going to try to get him into the Sierra Vista Mother's Day Out. It would be awesome for me to have some time to get stuff done and for him to have baby interaction.

He's crawling so fast now and getting around everywhere! He is testing boundaries and learning what he can and can't do-although, if it's something he isn't supposed to do he will still try it a couple of times before he's satisfied with our answer.

He's standing and pulling himself up so easily now. He wants to walk so bad and I'm sure he will very soon.

We are trying the "crying it out" method to fix the sleepless nights we've been having. Last night he cried for 45 minutes and I went in and laid him down and he was fast asleep. Tonight I just put him in his crib and he cried for about 20 minutes before I went in and laid him down (he usually is crying in the sitting position or standing holding onto the sides of the crib) and he fell asleep quickly. I'm hoping it won't take long for him to start sleeping through the night without assistance. We all need better night's sleep!

Off to bed for me, I need all the rest I can get! I'll post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment