YAY!!! Tate has officially slept through the night four nights in a row! And I have a good feeling that we've finally cracked the code to get him to sleep and stay a sleep *at least I pray we did*!!!

Finally I said, enough is enough. Something had to change. I wanted to get him to bed earlier and so we started a routine. I feed him dinner around 6 or 6:30 then we go on a bike ride or walk around the neighborhood. When we get home I usually let him play for a minute while we get his bath ready. We let him stay in the tub for about 10 minutes splashing around. After he gets out, he is not the easiest little thing to get ready for bed. He HATES getting diapered and jammied. I usually dry him really good and let him waller around naked for a little while *although on a side note, the little stinker left a not so pleasant surprise on the new rug while playin naked after his bath on Tuesday...ewwww* I lotion him up with a lavender lotion and put him in his overnights and super soft warm jammies and then let him play. I make him a night-time formula and feed
him. Then let him play for a couple more minute. And by 8:30 I lay him down in bed, pat his back and say night-night. Usually I will stay in there for a couple minutes. Then I leave.....ugh, this was so hard, and still is. The first night he cried for about 15 minutes and then fell asleep-and then stayed asleep ALL night! Ureaka!! The second night we did all the same things and he fell asleep after about 10 minutes of crying. I swear, tonight he only cried for about 3 minutes! It's amazing! We're finally getting some rest. It couldn't come at a better time either.

I hope this continues. I love the full night's sleep. I missed it greatly and I know I better savor it for the next couple of months before the next one arrives :o)
I love my baby so much and I'm so grateful for everyday we share together. I'm not going to lie, it's been a rough couple of months but he's amazing and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I just want him to healthy and happy and I think with plenty of rest he'll be much happier. Lately he's been actually playing and it's been great! We've been chasing eachother and he's been super giggly. I've been in bliss!
Tomorrow I think we will try going to the pumpkin patch and try to take a picture in his Halloween costume. Hope he is willing...fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment