I hate having a sick baby. Tate is so sick right now. He's been stopped up with difficulty breathing and a runny nose since before his birthday! That's a long time to feel bad. I had called my doctor in San Angelo and they called in some meds but they didn't seem to work, at all. So I finally said, "enough is enough". I called a pediatrician in Odessa that was suggested to me by my Ob/gyn. He said he takes all 5 of his kids to her. I called and they said they couldn't get him in on Monday but they could get him in first thing on Tuesday. He seemed in pretty good spirits on Monday but I knew he was feeling really bad. He would come up to me and just sit in my lap with his head against my chest and fall asleep. And if you know Tate, you know this is completely out of his character. He was just so blah. He also ran a fever most of the day. All the way up to 101.6.
On Tuesday morning we woke up and headed to the doctor's office. She was very nice and we struggled (in fact, I had to hold him down) so she could look in his ears and throat. It took her awhile to clear out wax and get a good look at his eardrum but she immediately knew that once again he has ear infections. But it gets worse, his tonsils are also infected as well as a respiratory infection. She ordered a Prednisone steroid shot, ugh...I hate seeing him get shots but I knew it was necessary. Then she wrote him a prescription for antibiotics, liquid steroid for his lungs, and a nebulizer for breathing treatments. He is not good with the breathing treatments. It takes so long! I hate it. I mean, c'mon, how am I supposed to keep a 1 year old happy for 10-15 minutes?! I have to give it to him every 3 hours. It's a lot of work and it better work-and FAST!
He's been so grouchy and fussy all day! I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. I just want him to feel better and be happy. I feel like I've been saying that since he was 2 weeks old. :-(
Prayers would be appreciated!
I know that things could be a million times worse. I read stories about parents of children with cancer and serious illnesses so I keep thanking the Lord for what I do have. I feel selfish at times asking for more than what I've been given. But, I'm a mom and all I was is the best for my baby so I'll keep praying for even better health and happiness for my little man.
Poor little Tate....and those neb treatments....hang in there, hopefully he will get better soon!
ReplyDeleteAre you living in Midland, Katie? I thought you were in Angelo. You should come out to the house and let Tate play with my girls, they'd love it!
ReplyDeleteHey Amy! Yes, we are living in Midland now. We moved here at the beginning of February for Trevor's new job. :-( UCK
ReplyDeleteWhere are ya'll at? I'd love to have some playdates and Tate absolutely LOVES other kids!
Thanks Lauri! I'm hoping it's better sooner than later! Please, say a prayer for us.