Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

14 months old

And he is up to a whole lot! Now he:


-walk everywhere! YAYAYAYA! About time but I think it definitely helps his mood being able to get around where ever his little heart desires. And I love watching him toddle all over the place.


-has said Mama (although not specifically looking right at me), has said horse (looking and pointing at the darn horse), and hello. 


-he loves to wave hello and bye and smile really big at strangers. Of course, women usually fall in love with him and swoon and men laugh at what a lady-killer he is. hahah


-he really likes books now. He has a few favorites that he picks up and hands me to read to him.


-will generally eat everything we give him with a few exceptions based on the day and his mood. His favorite food is chicken nuggets (organic, grain fed, and antibiotic free), and broccoli and cheese. He will literally lick the bottom of the bowl to get all the cheese off! hahah


-loves to wrestle around


-still is not sleeping well. I know it's my fault. That dang bottle was just so helpful when he was sick for so long. Now I'm really, REALLY regretting it! He won't go down without a bottle. I don't know how we're gonna break this vicious cycle but we're working on it. He usually goes to sleep around 8 and no later than 8:30 and wakes up generally 2x's a night and then is up for good at 6! I'm not a morning person so you can see the dilemma. 


-wants to play with Kitty (Bitty) and give her hugs---she does not want anything to do with him unless it's tug-of-war and that's just for a minute and then she's done with him.


-he still really loves horses! Spirit is his favorite movie that he is mesmerized by in the car. I think we will name his first horse Spirit.


-he will give me sweet kisses sometimes. He literally will pull my face close to his and give me a big ol' smack on the lips. It's really the best thing (well, that and his belly laughs. There's not much more in the world that is better than that)


-he still loves to be outside and will wander all over the yard picking dandelions and playing with rocks. 


-he got his 8th tooth in-it's on the top and I couldn't even tell anything was bothering him. He did great. I'm really hoping that the next couple that come in will be just as easy.


-he usually get about 2-3 outfit changes a day! Yes, he gets that dirty! And I love it! He's a boy and that's what they're supposed to do, so I don't mind one bit.


-Daddy still gives him his bath every night after dinner while I clean the kitchen and then we play for a little bit and wind down before bed time.


-he loves to play in the dirt. Especially the flower bed by the tree in our front yard. Getting him outta there is really difficult. He usually pitches a pretty good fit.


-he also loves to go for a bike ride in his trailer. We all go quite a bit as a family but let me tell you, it's not as easy 8 months pregnant to ride a bike. 


-he watches Trevor work out--in his bike trailer--and usually laughs. It's funny.


-he acts like he swims in the bath tub. I'm going to enroll him in swim classes this summer but I'm just worried about the ear infections. We'll see.


-he's been happier than ever in the past 2 weeks and it's made me beyond happy. It's days like these that make motherhood perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment