Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

15 Months and 34 Weeks

Just for you, Courtnie. Here is an update on Tater Tot and baby Bowen!


Tate had to go get his 15 month check up on Wednesday. It was not fun-but necessary. He's a whopping 33.75" and weighs 27 pounds! He's growing soooo fast! He checked out good with everything. He had to get 2 shots (one of which was a tetanus shot and those are just downright miserable!) At 15 months:


-He is wearing 18-24 month and 2T clothing and size 5 shoe and 5 diapers


-he still LOVES to be outside-especially playing with the waterhose! You literally have to pry his little fingers off the hose to get him to let go when it's time to go inside to eat. He also turns beet red while outside; which isn't much of a surprise because Trevor and I do the same thing. It's just the fair skin. But, I'm very cautious and put lots of sunblock on his tender skin.


-He can say BOOM, horse, hello, Mama, Dada, and more (although, it sounds like mah)...the only one that he really says a lot is boom though. hahah


-He has 3 teeth on top and 4 on bottom. He's getting another on the top but it's taking forever to come through and I think there will be a couple more coming in soon after that one. He's been kinda fussy lately and sometimes that's why.


-He likes to run around everywhere! He doesn't sit still much.


-He doesn't want to watch tv but if he's tired he'll watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, or the Imagination Movers. But he also will watch a movie if it's interesting-like TinkerBell (hahahha), Kung Fu Panda, and of course, Spirit.


-when you try to play chase and run away he thinks it means he needs to run away too. He doesn't quite get it yet. haha


-Grandaddy got him a big boy bed that will be here tomorrow so we will see how that transition goes. 




 Drinkin' out of the bucket. Silly boy!
Look at my pretty flower. Tate likes to pick the flowers and bring them to me. Sometimes he twirls them in between his pudgy little fingers. It's cute!
 -He also LOVES to go on bike rides. Typically when Trevor works out Tate will set in his bike trailer and watch him and expect that he will be taken for a bike ride when he gets done. Up until 2 weeks ago I went with them but now it's becoming a circus act getting on the bike and managing to stay on the bike for the couple blocks. This big ol' belly makes it a little difficult maneuvering around.

 blurry picture but I think it's funny. 
 Playing with the waterhose again!

 -Tate really likes his veggies! Which is great that I don't have to force feed him. He likes to eat his asparagus like this. But his favorite is broccoli and cheese. It's funny to watch him eat it. He will literally lick the bottom of the bowl for the cheese when he's done-like it's ice cream! 
 playing with rocks in his mouth...oh geez
 "hey there, whatcha got up there?"
 -We also went to our first baseball game which Tate loved! He had a great time rooting on the Rockhounds to victory. It was such a nice day outside, too. 
 -We found a new snack too...popcorn, YUM
 -rooting on the team! He loved the music and got super excited when they were running around!

 -Mama and Tater
 -we actually were sitting in a suite! It was fantastic and Tate thought it was pretty darn cool!
 -Tate and his buddy, Ty. They are exactly 1 month and 1 day apart. Aren't they adorable?

 -What a boy...head to toe in mud!
 -He is a big time wrestler! He loves to rough house. This is really hard to do now but Trevor wears him out pretty good. It's too hard for me to resist playing too. 

 -Get daddy!
 -Ride the pony!
 hehe
 More playtime in the water
 "BOOM"...when we say this he'll say it back and pretend he's hitting a ball with a bat! I think we might have a little baseball player on our hands.
 -Home for Easter and the first thing he does is RUN to see the horses!
 -Visiting Grandaddy and getting some cool air! He likes his hair blowing in the breeze!
 Oh CiCi!
 Grandaddy showed him the hose. Now it's time to get busy!
 But first, we need to hydrate! haha
 EASTER! He thought it was fun at first to find the eggs and then he got a little preoccupied. 
 Gigi helping him find eggs.

 And then it was playtime with Daddy. 
 Pretty Easter basket. Thanks Gigi and Papa.
 About to go to church. This is the basket/bucket we gave Tate. It had 2 books, a Peter rabbit plate and silverware set, animal crackers, a ball, and some chalk. There were a couple other doo-dads but I can't remember what else we shoved in there. He loved it all  :-)
 Family photo time. Tate was not in the best of moods so it wasn't his favorite thing to do. He wanted down to go play and romp around.
 Tate and Gigi at church. 
 Papa helping Tate find Easter eggs for the church egg hunt in the courtyard.
 Daddy helping out too.
 He needed to sit to check out what was in the egg.
 "Oh, Look!!" 
 "What is it?"
 "Candy!" ...and that was it for the egg hunt. After he realized there was candy there was no more attention for anything else. I was really trying hard to squat (in wedges, a dress, and 9 months preggo....not an easy task people!)
This past weekened we had my baby shower. It was really nice to see everyone and I got the wrap I've been wanting. I can't wait to carry around Baby Bowen in there. And lots of diapers, which are always needed! Thanks to Courtnie, Jenna, and Mom for throwing me such a lovely shower. I love ya'll!


Here I am at 34.5 weeks. To date I've gained 19 pounds and am measuring right on time. The baby's heart rate is usually in the 150s and he is head down. Now it's just a waiting game. I'm taking guesses to when Bowen will make his debut. 
 Big ol' belly! I feel like Buddha in this picture. I think my belly is a lot bigger this time around than it was with Tate. My back also has been giving me fits with my nerve on my right side. It feels like someone is stabbing me at times. But luckily, it's not all day everyday.
 Tate poking my belly. Sometimes he'll walk up to me and want to just touch my belly and then he usually pinches it! What a stinker.
 These are the flowers that Tate and Trevor got for my birthday. I also got some Gigi's cupcakes, a magazine, Bath and Body Works stuff, and we went to Abuelo's for dinner. 
Aren't they pretty?! These are in our room right now. So nice to see them when I wake up. I'm a very blessed lady to have such a wonderful family and group of friends. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment