The countdown has begun. Less than one month to go (according to the San Angelo doctor and my early ultrasounds...if we go by my new Dr. then I have 1 month and 1 day to go)! I can't believe time has gone by so fast! Sometimes I even forget that I'm pregnant...okay, and then I remember very quickly with this huge belly and achy back! But Tate keeps me so busy that I don't have time to plan and prep like I did with him. In fact, the nursery is still under construction, unfortunately. Last time I think we finished at 36 weeks with the help of Courtnie.
It's been hard to get it all done because of the lack of time and attention but also because our washer broke! I've got loads and loads to do and no washer. We are hopefully going to be bringing one home today, fingers crossed! I've still got to order more sheets for the crib, wash baby clothes, put together all the swing and bassinet, get my hospital bags packed, make a playlist for the hospital, and give the house a good cleaning.
But, hey-I got my delivery gown done! Woohoo for small victories! I made it more just to get practice with my sewing machine but I think it turned out really cute. My doctor laughed at me when I told him I was wearing a special delivery gown but then I explained I wasn't one of those crazy ladies who bought one for $100 from La Bebe here in Midland and he understood. So here is the finished product.
And here is my big ol' belly at 35.5 weeks! I have my next appointment on May 10th and then on May 17th we get another ultrasound to check baby position (although we're pretty sure he's head down and ready to go), and baby weight, etc. I'm excited to see him again. I had a lot of ultrasounds with Tate but only a couple with Bowen.
I look pretty much the same around this time with Tate I think from looking back at the old blog posts. It's hard to tell. The big difference with this pregnancy to me is that my back is aching a lot! My sciatic nerve is being pinched and at the end of the day it's really painful. I'm sure lugging around a 27 pound little boy doesn't help the situation either. Luckily, Trevor has been able to help a lot around the house. He usually does the dishes and cleans the kitchen at night after he gives Tate a bath, which is a huge help!
Tate is taking a nap now so I better take advantage of this time to get stuff done and maybe snooze a little bit. I know there won't be much time for that soon!




You look adorable!!Good job on the gown!
ReplyDelete