Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bowen is 1 Month Old

Our sweet baby Bowen has been through a lot in his short time outside Mama's belly! 


At 1 month:


-He is so strong! He has held his head since he was just a couple weeks old and I'm talking about for a long time and with good control! It's amazing how strong he is already!


-When we left the hospital he was about 9 pounds 8 ounces. I'm not sure how heavy he is now but probably a couple more ounces than that so maybe 10 pounds. At the hospital he was also 21.5" long. 


-He is wearing 0-3 month clothing and some 3 month onesies. He is also wearing a size 1 diaper.


-He is really long and lean. I think he is longer and skinnier than Tate was at this point. Tate chubbed up really fast and I think Bowen has just stretched out. He is putting on some chub just not as fast.


-He has a good set of lungs, let me tell ya! He will let you, and the entire house, know when he is unhappy.


-He was sleeping great at first and then when we stayed at the hospital everything got flipped upside down. He is still doing okay for being a newborn, just not as good as it was. He likes to sleep a lot during the day for long periods. He usually goes down around 7:30 and wakes up around 9 and goes back to sleep around 11 and wakes up at 1:30 or 2 (and this is where it gets a little frustrating) he likes to stay awake til 3/4 sometimes. :-( this does not suit Mama very well. Then he likes to wake up at 6! EEEKKKK! Sometimes by the time I feed him and get him back to sleep then crawl into bed, I barely get any sleep at all! Then he wakes up at 8:30 or so and wants to be fed and then sleep all day again. This would be okay if I only had one kiddo but not with an active 17 month old who wants to play all day! 


-He usually spits up after every meal and he quite often has diarrhea (especially as of the last 3 days). I think he has tummy troubles too, unfortunately. He also gets lots of bubbles while he eats and I'm trying to find a way to fix all these. I'm going to try to take him to the chiropractor because I've heard that infant adjustments work wonders. It's definitely worth a shot and I'll try anything to make sure he's not in pain.  


-He has beautiful dark blue eyes still. His hair is a really dark blonde/light brown but it is starting to fall out now. This is what Tate's did and then it took him a while to get it back in so I figure Bowen's will do that too.


-He doesn't really like his carseat so even when he's fussy a ride in the car is not the answer. 


-He wants to be warm and wrapped up but not swaddled! 


-He has the funniest facial expressions and has a definite scowl. He can furrow his little brows like nobody's business! He also is super alert and tries to focus really hard which gives him cross eyes. haha it's pretty cute


-He wants to sleep with Mama! He got really used to that in the hospital and it's a hard habit to break. But at this point, whatever helps him sleep and gets me more sleep. It's an act of desperation, I know, but seriously we're in survival mode with sleep right now and if he's comfortable and not in danger then it's fine. We will work on switching him to his crib soon.


-Tate still loves to touch, kiss, and snuggle him!


-and we LOVE him VERY, VERY, VERY much! We are so blessed to have family of 4! Bowen makes the perfect addition!!!




Thanks to everyone for all your love and support this past month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment