Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Somedays are about...


-crying babies,


-dirty little boys,
-not having enough time to get everything done,
-a grungy house,
-a very moody/grouchy boy,
-feeling worn out and broke down,
-changing nasty diapers,
-picking up dog mess from a dog that should be potty trained and is doing it out of spite,
-trying to juggle an infant and a hyper toddler,
-realizing I haven't brushed my teeth or put on deoderant, much less put on makeup,
-and feeling like a prisoner in this house because it's just too much to get both kids out and about.


However, there are moments even on the worst of days where...


-I see a little grin from Bowen (even if it's from gas, it's still enough for me)

-Tate will make me crack up 
-I get kisses before bedtime
-Tate will say Mama (even if it's because he wants more nuggies)
-I get to snuggle with Bowen while we/he naps
-I get to enjoy an evening walk with my husband and kids and get to have some adult talk while Tate enjoys dragging a stick out of the Radio Flyer and talking to the birds and the moon and sometimes the occasional passerby
-I listen to all the new things Tate says and watch all the new things he is doing and it makes me happy that he's becoming such a smart, happy little boy. 


-I see Tate get his biggo smile (usually he's being ornery) but regardless, it's the sweetest, cutest grin I've ever seen and it melts my heart
-I get to watch Trevor play with the boys and realize I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful partner
-Tate gives Bowen kisses and pats his head
-Trevor kisses me on the head


Each day is filled with struggles, and somedays I feel like they are overwhelming and dragging me down. Other days are filled with happiness. Lately I've been struggling with 2 kids under 2. Trying to juggle it all and still maintain "me". I understand it's a one day at a time kind of thing and to enjoy it now because it doesn't stay this way for long. I'm learning as I go and trying to do the best I can. But, oh Lordy, please give me the grace I need to make it! So, naturally, prayers would be greatly appreciated ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Im right there with you!!! Two under 2 is SO hard!! The other day Roen and Remi where both screaming and I wanted to laugh, cry and go hide in the closet all at the same time!! And I have lots of days where I think I just can't handle anymore and then one of the boys does something so sweet and I'm ok again. Oh, the joys of motherhood. I love you and your little family so much! It's nice to have a friend that knows exactly what you going through! Hang in there and when you think you just can't do it, know that about 5 hours away I am probably going through the same thing :)

    Miss ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Thanks Lauri!! Yes, it is nice knowing I have a friend who understands!! I really wish we were still in the same town because at least we could go through it together haha! The joys outweigh the times of complete chaos but it's still a struggle at times. We really miss you guys and love ya'll too! The boys are just precious-give em kisses for us and hopefully we will get a chance to see them sometime!

    ReplyDelete