Earlier this month my mom, the boys, and I went to Austin to visit Courtnie/ Aunt Cici! I was worried about the 3.5 hour drive down there but really it wasn't bad until about the last 10 minutes and Bowen woke up and decided he was ready to be out of that stinky old carseat. I've got to buy him a new one that he likes better (I'm hoping that will be an acceptable solution for him ahah)
We got there and Allison came over with her little boy, Calvin. Let me tell you, that little boy looks like a doll! He's so adorable! He is a couple months older than Bowen and has got such a sweet little smile and laugh. Mom made him laugh with a balloon and it was such a great belly laugh! It was good to see Allison and I was excited I got to hold little Calvin!
On Friday night we went to eat at the trailers off of Congress. It was fun and we got to walk around and look around; however, walking back to the car was a little more interesting-let's just say we took a detour around the neighborhood and took the scenic route to find get to the car. hahaha
On Saturday, we woke up and went to eat at the Egg and I. Then we drove to the zoo. It was worth the drive. I loved that the zoo consisted of all rescued animals. As soon as we walked in Tate was excited and ready to go. Mom found a bird that loved her and wanted her to pet it. I think Mom might be a bird whisperer. Tate loved looking at all the animals; however, I think he was trying to figure out the locks to let them all free. He also wanted to pet them. This only became a problem at the hog cages and the monkey cage. There was a monkey there that was a little territorial that really didn't like Tate being near his domain, to say the least. We had a great time but it was hot and so it wore us out. When we were leaving Mom saw the train. I told her no, it was time to go and about had to drag her out kicking and screaming! hahah
We also went to the outlet mall but had to make a mad dash in and out to get home so my ribs wouldn't be ruined. When we got home the whole apartment smelled like ribs (a little burned but not ruined completely).
On Sunday, we woke up and went to Whole Foods. I am in love with that place. It's the inner hippy in me coming out. We stayed for an hour or two and then went to Panera Bread for lunch. We got home and got ready to get back on the road. It was a great trip and I was so grateful Mom was with me. The boys are so little right now that it makes these kind of trips a little more difficult but definitely worth it. I loved seeing Courtnie too. It makes me want to move to Austin but I know I'd miss the family back home! Maybe someday...
I'm so behind on posting these pictures but here they are.
Aunt Cici holding Bowen next to Baby Calvin.Sweet little Calvin and Allison
We tried the faux hawk but it only stayed that way for about an hour! Cute though haha
This bird LOVED Mom!
Mom petting her bird
Tate looking at the snake! I kept telling him "OUCH" so he'd know not to mess with 'em if he ever happens to run into one.
Who said this was just for decoration...giddy up longhorn
Who's your mama, llama?!
Feeding the llama
Us and the boys
Aunt Cici helping a boy out
Bowen was not so impressed. It was a little hot for him and he couldn't see well. Don't worry Bo, we'll go back again so you can see them too.
Tate loved all the animals!
RAWR
Show em your claws
Grammy, Tate, and Mama
Come here turtle, I gotta tell you somethin
Quack
Grammy loves the zoo I think just as much as Tate
Whole Foods had a pumpkin display outside. It was an impromptu photo session
Grammy and Tate... he was not about to sit still and let me take pictures!
He was petting baby brother's head
I can't wait to take them on so many more trips as they get older! I've got so many things I want to show them and take them to...the aquarium, more zoos, Sea World, Schlitterbahn, the beach, hiking in the mountains, fishing in the streams in New Mexico/ Colorado, and all over! Being a Mom is the best thing ever!
















No comments:
Post a Comment