At 4 months:
-At his appointment he weighed 15.12 pounds and was 27" long. I looked back to compare this to Tate at 4 months and Bowen is 1 inch longer and 2 whole pounds lighter than Tate. I think he might be taking after the Tate side of being long and lean like his Grandpa. He was in the 96% for length and only the 67% for weight.
-He is very good with his eye-hand coordination and will reach and out and grab whatever he sets his little sight on. This includes but is not limited to: my jewelry (this is why I hardly wear any), any piece of hair, fingers (these go straight to his mouth), and toys. He also has a very good grip.
-He loves to be nursed to sleep. This is still a tricky situation trying to get him to sleep alone in his crib. I haven't made much progress on this; however, I do love snuggling with him- and hey, he's only little for a very little while. I'll just enjoy it for now.
-He loves his big brother and watches him. He'll laugh and coo at him too.
-He likes being outside and seems to calm down while we go to the park; although, he still would much rather me hold him the whole time vs being in the stroller.
-He LOVES to be held. He likes looking outward so he can see everything but he doesn't want to be put down.
-He coos and laughs a lot. He's ticklish too so it's fun to tickle him and listen to his gurgley laugh. It's adorable!
-He is wearing a few 9 month pajamas still but is now getting into some 12 month clothing.
-He usually takes about 3 or 4 short naps a day. One in the morning about 2 hours after he wakes up, 2 in the afternoon, and one in the evening. He usually goes to bed around 8:30 or 9 and wakes up a couple times in the night to use me as a pacifier haaha and then wakes up for good around 8.
-He is generally pretty happy and content as long as he's entertained and being held. The only times he gets fussy is when he's tired, hungry, or bored.
-He can almost sit up completely on his own. He's still very wobbly but has really good strength sitting his self upright. He likes to do this when being put in his carseat- which he hates, and in the bathtub.
-He's also starting to try to grab and pull his way on his tummy. I'm thinking he's going to crawl early, but who knows.
-He still doesn't have much hair and it's very hard to tell what color it's going to be be. I think it's going to be a dirty blonde. He also has a darker complection. His eyes are still very blue.
I'm loving every day with my sweet little one. I can't believe he's 4 months old already (I know I say that every month but it's true). I love him so very much and thank God for him each and every single day. I'm a blessed mommy!


No comments:
Post a Comment