saying 'hi' to Dominic the ASU Ram
getting ready for the big event
love this picture of Trevor...he was pretty excited too
pinning on Tate's number
Bowen wasn't missing much either!
see Tate's jeans...yep, he begged me for some "cowboy jeans" so I made him some new big boy cowboy jeans like the same ones he wore for his first birthday!
When we first got downtown to the Wooly Bully I was so worried he wouldn't want to do it anymore. The sheep were bounding everywhere and quite big. And if he didn't want to, I'd happily let him turn around and wait another year before doing it. But he was ready to go. We put on the vest and he was really happy he got to wear the cool helmet. When it was his turn he didn't even hesitate. He just jumped on bravely and was ready to go. Unfortunately, he's more accustomed to riding horses so when he started going he fell right off the back because he was sitting up like he would on a saddle. But that's alright. He did great! And he had lots of fun! So proud of my little cowboy!
Ready to go!
hold on TIGHT
and then he set up
and tumbled off the back. But no worries, he got up like a champ and dusted off and came over to me like no big deal.
He was so proud! He thought he would get to go again but didn't get upset when I told him it was only once. When I took off his vest to put it back in the pile he was like "Mama, Mama, get my number!" He wanted his number tag on the back. I'm planning on hanging it up in his room!
Later he did the roping contest. And of course, he was not shy about showing off his impressive skills.
He was so excited to finally get his hands on that steer!Daddy and Tate getting ready to rope
Bowen and his Grandaddy hanging out before the roping began.
They sure did put on a show
Daddy didn't mind helping him get ready
Tate was one of two kids out of the whole group that actually roped the steer. He's talented!
Luckily, because we knew the announcer, Bowen even got a chance to rope. Even though technically he wasn't old enough to participate he was not about to miss out on roping! He actually did much better than most of the kids that did compete.
Proud Grandpas
Bowen was all about this painting...maybe I should make one for his room haha
when we were about to leave they asked all the kiddos to take a picture and I was surprised when Bowen pulled out all the stops with his cheesy faces! So stink in' cute!
This is just the first of many more rodeos I'm sure!











How Fun!! Great pics!
ReplyDelete