On New Year's Day we decided to take the kids out to the state park to do some fishing. It was a gorgeous day and we knew they'd love it!
Bowen got his first little fishin' pole! He was pretty excited but he was a little more interested in the corn in the can that Daddy was putting on the hook. I decided I needed to move it away so there would be less temptation.
Sometimes I step back and watch him. He's such a smart, sweet, observant little boy. He's growing up so fast. I take a million pictures because I don't want to forget anything.
oh my baby, don't grow up so fast!
Bowen was ready to get down to business and catch lots of fishies
Trevor is such an amazing Daddy! I'm so proud of him! I always thank God for giving me someone like him who is so involved in our children's lives. He takes his time to work with them, and teach and play with them, and just show them how much he cares.
My baby is in the "I do" stage. He doesn't want help most of the time. I just try to stand back and let him figure things out. He decided that when a fish didn't jump onto his hook right away that he might like to look around and get into trouble. And trouble he did find...

I had put the can of corn back behind a chair hoping that he would leave it alone. Did he? NOPE! He stuck his finger in the can and when he tried to pull it out when he got caught it cut his index finger so deep! It bled everywhere and we all jumped up grabbed the gear and left in an instant! I felt awful for not hiding the can better or for not taking off the lid. There was so many moments of guilt and regret. Oh, being a Mommy is never easy and it's ten times worse when your baby hurts. But luckily he just had his tetanus shot. A friend's husband is a medic and so we went by for him to look at it and he cleaned it up, put a bandage on, and said it would be ok. Oh boys, please try not to give your Mama a heart attack!
But, other than that, it was a beautiful day to start our New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment