Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Little Tate

Here's just little things about the past two weeks as a new parent:

-At his 2 week appointment he has gained 1 lb, 4 ounces since birth and has grown an inch. He is in the 96% in height!!!!

-Tate hated sponge baths- he had to go in to the doctor last Thursday because his belly button was still a little moist so she put on silver nitrate to help it dry out- today at the 2 week appointment it is doing great and we are ready for big boy baths! So excited to see how he likes it!

-He has really dry skin

-He loves to have his hands over his head-its so cute when he sleeps

-He has the biggest stretches

-He has the hiccups every single day/night after he eats

-I love his cute little nose
-He has his daddy's eyes and brow and everyone who sees him says he looks just like Trevor

-He has big sneezes that are loud and shake his whole body-I think it startles him too

-His eyes are getting bluer everyday-they have gone from a pretty gray to this deep blue

-He loves to snuggle and actually calms down when I sing to him
-He makes the funniest faces-my favorite is his little smile but his "bitter beer" baby face and kissy face are adorable too
-He usually pees when I take off his diaper-I'm pretty sure there needs to be a plastic guard put up beside the changing table. He also managed to have explosive poop all over me when I changed him.

-He loves his swing and now watches his mobile


-Kitty loves him and is always interested where he is-she will stand on her back legs to look in his swing-so cute

-Right now he sleeps in our room in a bassinet on top of the playpen-he sleeps really well except when I wake him up and feed him-this is when he has trouble going back to sleep. At the appointment today the doctor said we can let him sleep as long as he wants at night since he is gaining weight so well-YEA!
-We usually wake up around 6 or 7 in the morning and then go back to sleep. I love our little morning naps

-Lately he has been super hungry. He was eating every 2.5-3 hrs and now at times he wants to eat every hour and a half!!!

-He's very gassy and sometimes he will let out a scream and I feel so bad for him-I wish I could take away his pain :( We will be trying Mylicon drops starting tomorrow!

-We usually go through about 2-3 outfits a day
-And I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about him!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much they grow! He is certainly growing beautifully...I just adore that picture of you with him -- you look absolutely gorgeous :) (seems your pup loves him, too!)

    ReplyDelete