Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Poor baby

My poor baby...this week has been kinda hard. First of all, I was concerned because he always spits up after every meal and acts like he is in pain and screams about 30-45 minutes after he eats-and it seems to just be getting worse. This has also led to some late nights and unhappy baby and mama. It upsets me because I obviously just want him to be healthy and I feel helpless. On top of that, he has an awful rash all over his body that won't go away and he always breathes really hard. So we went to the doctor on Wednesday and met with Dr. Steeger. She said the rash was harmless and it would go away on its own. It turns out it is cradle cap that has just spread because of his sensitive skin (no surprise here-Trevor and I both have very sensitive skin). She didn't say much about the upset tummy because her attention shifted to his labored breathing. While she was listening with her stethoscope she became concerned and noticed a murmur. She suggested we meet with a pediatric cardiologist. On Friday we went back in to meet with our normal pediatrician and she heard the murmur as well. She wanted us to keep the appointment with the cardiologist in Dallas for next week and then meet with her afterwards so we could discuss the echo. She prescribed a cream for his rash and then turned her attention to the labored breathing. She was really concerned but wasn't sure what it could be caused by, so she ordered a chest x-ray. The x-ray came back showing no enlargement of the heart and that the lungs were clear. Her guess is that it is caused by the pain from the acid reflux. She prescribed a new medication-Prevacid to see how it would work. I'm praying that the murmur is insignificant and that this new medicine really works. I hate to see him in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment