Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Bowen is 12 Months

The last update for the 12 months has come. It's a bittersweet thing. I'm going to miss all the baby things but I'm so excited to see him grow up into the sweet boy he is!


At 12 months!

-Bowen is starting to walk!!! YAY! He took his first 3 steps by himself on Tuesday and everyday since he's gotten better and better. He's up to about 5 steps now. He will be running in no time.

-He is 32" long (95%) and 24.10 pounds (45%) He's my tall and skinny boy

-He has 8 teeth and I think there are a couple more on the horizon.

-He is very intense. He gets the same clenched jaw and angry face that Tate did/does. They definitely inherited that from their daddy!

-He is babbling a lot now! And he points at everything that he's interested in. He will even say "dog" and he likes little dogs but not much on bigger dogs. He verbalizes a lot. He is saying "grandma/grandpa" and  "Dada" a lot and "Mama", usually when he's upset or wants me to hold him.

-He is STILL not sleeping through the night. I will jump for joy when they are both going to bed at 8 or so and sleeping til' 8! That's the dream! I would love a full night's rest!

-We go to the park pretty much everyday still. He likes to swing and play in the sand. And he likes to put the rocks and sand in his mouth---yuck. He also really loves to climb through the yellow tunnel on the baby section of the playground.

-He likes to brush his teeth. I think he mainly likes the toothpaste and being able to bite the brush.

-He wears mostly 12-18 month clothing. He's really just too skinny to hold up 24 month shorts but he's long enough to wear 24 month tees.

-He is very observant and will grab onto something he sees that he wants-especially glasses!

-He takes about 2 naps a day.

-He LOVES to read books-especially the Bright Baby Animal book! He lights up when I read it to him and he likes to turn the pages.

-He will start Mother's Day Out this month! I'm excited/nervous. He doesn't like to be without me, but I know it will be good for him to get to play with other kids and it will be nice to be able to get things done around the house.

-He's very beautiful! I know all moms feel this way but he is! His eyelashes are so long and pretty and he has just a sweetness to him. He loves to flirt and can definitely work the crowd!

-He wants me to hold him....a lot! My poor back is starting to ache but I just don't want to lose any of this baby time. It's so short! It's hard though because he doesn't want anyone else- especially at Mother's Day Out. When I drop him off he just cries and cries and it breaks my heart. But, I know I need to let him adjust so he can start enjoying some independence like Tate does.

-He is very loving. He squeezes me when I pick him up and will lay  his head on my shoulder. It's so sweet.

-He also will hum/sing when he's sleepy..just like Tate did! It's so sweet!

I love him VERY VERY much! He's growing up so much! I'm sad that he's grown out of the baby stage; however, I'm looking forward to seeing him grow into the spectacular boy (and man one day) he's going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment