Bowen's first birthday was on a Friday. Normally I would've had his birthday that day but we had a rehearsal dinner for Uncle Eric and Aunt Steph that night followed by their wedding the next day. It would've been very stressful and not nearly as focused on him as I would've liked so we delayed it for the next week and just spent his first birthday just us-our little family doing fun stuff for him.
When he woke up I had bright balloons waiting for him. He was still very sleepy so it took him a minute to really get excited about them. Luckily, Tate was there to help him get pumped up about turning one---and about hitting the balloons! Tate kept saying "here ya doe (go) baby" and handing him the balloons. He's such a sweetheart and a great big brother!
Wrestling with daddy
Then we ate yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He really doesn't have a favorite breakfast so I figured this would be fun and sticky...just like he likes!
He decided his cinnamon roll needed some sprucing up with blue sprinkles!
Then we went to play at the park for a little before it got too hot. I wanted to take some shots of him with his balloons like a hot air balloon. His nursery is decorated in vintage transportation (airplanes, trucks, etc) so I figured it was kind of fitting. He liked it for a while but then got tired of it.
Here's one I edited.
and to my sweet little boy: you bring so much happiness and indescribable joy to our lives! I couldn't have dreamed my life would be filled with such love! Each day you bless us with your sweet laughter and your wonderful smile. I'm one proud Mama! I love you more and more each day and my love for you will always continue to grow! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mama









No comments:
Post a Comment