Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Baby Bow is 6 Months

Bowen is 6 months old! 





-He is about 19 pounds and very long! Longer, skinnier, and darker skin tone and hair than Tate!
-He has his first tooth coming through! Bottom left is poking through finally! It makes me a tiny bit sad that his gummy grin is going away. It's another reminder that his babyness is fading fast as he's becoming a beautiful little boy! I hope teething doesn't bother him too much. He's done okay with up so far. I'm praying for an easy transition!
-He's a pretty happy baby. Thank GOD! Seriously, that's not just a saying I'm taking lightly! I thank God each and every night and a lot of the day for making Bowen happy. I love the way he giggles and smiles at me. 
-He is able to maneuver himself all around but isn't quite crawling with his knees yet, just the upper body mainly. He also can barrel roll across the floor.
-He's finally sleeping in his own crib for nap and at night- almost always! This started this past week (I know, it took me forever but I have this weird anxiety about them sleeping away from me). He's done great! At first it was difficult, but he didn't cry too much and now I think he's happy to be in there when he's tired. He'll roll over on his tummy and go to sleep. He sleeps much more sound than he ever did with me (or maybe I just don't hear him). I also think that it helps that his pacifier is not so close haha. He likes to have the humidifier running and when I put him down I rub his head and turn on his singing seahorse and he falls asleep pretty quickly! This is such a relief!
-He is wearing between 9 and 12 month clothing and size 3 (currently Santa) diapers
-He is a pretty content baby but he gets bored pretty quick-which I don't blame him. I would too.
-He kicks and hits soooo hard! Such a strong little boy already!
-He has the most beautiful blue eyes and very distinct and expressive eyebrows!
-He still has a wide gap between his toes.
-He loves watching Kitty and will laugh so hard at her. She likes to give him kisses.
-He is a total Mama's boy! I can't lie-I love it (99% of the time, and the other 1% is just exhaustion setting in haha) As long as he can see/hear me he's pretty happy.
-He doesn't like a big crowd around him. I think he gets a little overwhelmed and fussy.
-He loves his big brother and watches him all the time. He will grab Tate if he's close by and Tate is very good about being soft (usually, there have been times where Tate will try to ride him-more on that later)
-He is doing really well with the few foods I've introduced him to. His favorite, as was his brother's, is the organic apple cinnamon oatmeal from Sprout. 
-He likes baths but hates to get out and get dressed.
-Usually hates his carseat but is not terrible about it. Most of the time he'll fall asleep.
-He is pulling hair now. I remember when Tate got to this stage. Yow! It hurts, and I'm already losing all my hair from pregnancy/nursing that I really would like to keep what I have left.




I seriously can't believe he's already 6 months old! He's such a blessing! I'm so in love with my babies! 


XOXO Baby Bow, Mommy loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment