Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Our trip south

We were brave and decided to make a trip to Austin/ New Braunfels to see Courtnie. We had a lot of fun and the kids did surprisingly well...for babies. I've come to learn that trips with babies is perilous! There's so much to pack, days go into this process for me to make sure I've packed everything. You plan your trip around optimal sleep times, and in-car entertainment is a must! We made it and the journey was definitely worth it! 

Tate was in the sun and did have his shades so he decided to wear mine. 
 This was the first night we made it into New Braunfels.  There was a bit of surprise in the rooming arrangements but it all worked out just fine. 
 The boys needed some outdoor time from being in the car all day. And it was so nice outside. 
 Tate explored the rock pile and being the boy he is got all sorts of dirty before we went to eat at the Gristmill.
 Playing on the bed with Grandaddy
 headbutting
 and nose kisses...these are a few of his favorite things!

 The next morning while Trevor went fishing dad and I took the boys to eat breakfast at Napolitos and then to the river to go explore. It was perfect weather. 
 Hanging with Grandaddy
 while Tate played in the water with his trusty stick
 One of the few reasons I love this part of Texas. We are an outdoorsy kind of family and this would be perfect to have in our backyard. I love that the boys would be able to go fishing and exploring and their imaginations could grow wild!
 Dad even took him to go walk on the dam. Wild guys!
 This was from breakfast. Tate has a new fascination with salt and pepper shakers...and well, anything that can keep him preoccupied til his "sau-sau" gets to the table. Silly boy was trying to be sneaky.


 On Friday night we drove into Austin to spend time with C-C. We met at Terra Burger and ate while Tate played. I love Austin because it is so family and kid friendly.
 The next morning Bowen woke up all chipper! Sweet little baby
 playing with his toes...could he be any more precious?! No
 After we got dressed we headed out to the farmer's market and then to Zilker Park so the boys could play.

 Tickling my silly little fuzzy headed boy


 Then we ate at Baby A's. It was really good!
 This picture just scream "I got a dollar, I got a dollar, I got a dollar hey hey hey hey"! hahah
 while Bowen fell asleep at the table. After we left Courtnie, Allison, Bowen, and I went to the Bridal Extravaganza. It was a lot to take in and of course baby Bowen was getting oooo-ed and aawwww-ed over while we went to each vendor. 


When we got back the guys cooked while we played. Tate loved getting his hands licked by Zo dog. She wasn't too interested in him but was a good sport. 


Tate "helping" Carl.

 The next morning Tate ate Krispy Kreme and decided the chocolate icing was the best! 
 the baby massage

Before we came back home we stopped the Inflatable World at the Lakeline Mall and Tate had a blast! We wanted to really wear him out before our long ride home. It worked. He slept like a champ and we made it back in just before the snow fell and the boys got sick. So all in all it was a great trip. I wish the boys wouldn't have gotten sick when we came home but that's life I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment