Mother's Day Out is a special 4 hour block of time (usually 2.5-3 hours by the time I get them there) where I can run errands, clean house, and do daily stuff I can not get done with two little ones wallering all over me. I also like it because they get to play with other kids and do fun stuff besides wrestle and scream at each other...which is a lot of what they do now. Each year they have a Christmas party where they exchange books, play games, and eat goodies. I love this time of year and this year Tate actually got quite excited about presents and parties, especially now that he's in the big boy class.
They played a game where they exchanged presents every time the teacher said "jingle" while reading a Christmas book. This would've been a better idea if they were older. Every time they had to switch it was mass confusion and frustration, usually because they wanted to open that present. Tate did well but was quite confused on who to give his present to.
but when he got to open it
he was super excited! I love that surprised, excited look!and Bowen enjoyed being a goof ball and running around with horns on...for about 5 minutes and then he yanked it off and stomped on it. Oh, my dear, sweet Bowen...hahaha
Telling the other kids bye! They enjoy playing at school and I'm so glad because I like that mommy time too ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment