Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

My baby is 3

Tate turned 3 on Thursday! I don't think I'm quite ready but there's no stopping time. When he turned two he was still considered a toddler but now he's all boy. On his birthday we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast with candles. Then we played and at lunch we took him on a Mommy/Daddy date to Mr. Gattis (for the first time) and ate pizza and played games. He was sleepy so he wasn't as into it as we thought he would but that's okay. There will be plenty more trips there. Then we took him to Academy to get his very first pair of binoculars! He also wanted a set of hunting knives but I had to sneak them away from him. I don't think any of us are ready for that yet! hahah 

At 3:
-He's around 41 pounds...last time he weighed in a month ago
-He is 42" tall! Aunt Steph even joked that he's only 18" shorter than her!
-He's is soo funny! The new thing he says is "I'm a big strong man."
-He has such a bright mind and imagination! He loves to pretend he is hunting and he is really good at shooting his bow and arrow!
-He sleeps from about 9 pm-8 am. Sometimes he will stay up even later! The boy is a night owl!
-His favorite show is the Wild Kratts, Curious George, and Franklin, but he also loves hunting shows like MeatEater
-He wears his boots pretty much everyday
-His hair is super blonde and his eyes are a bright blue
-He loves to wrestle
-His favorite things to do are go to the shooting range at Middle Concho Park and shoot targets and 3D targets with his Daddy or go to the huntin' store (The Outdoorsman) and shoot his bow in the indoor range. 
-He calls Bowen "Baby"
-Bowen calls him "Brudder" and more recently has started calling for his  "Tater Bug" ahhahah
-He loves animals and knows so much about all types of animals including: caribou, elk, deer, buffalo, and all sorts of wildlife. I'm impressed with how much he knows!
-He still is having trouble breathing at night and will probably have to get his tonsils and adenoids taken out this year. 
-He is now in the big boy class at MDO! He loves it in there and he's hanging in there and doing all the stuff the big kids are doing. I think he's quite proud of himself!
-He is such a sweet heart! He'll hold Bowen's hand and help him up if he falls down. He's also started playing with him more recently. I'm loving watching their interactions change and how they communicate! We even had our first game of hide and seek recently! 


I'm emotional thinking that he's growing up so very fast but at the same time I am so excited and look forward to all of his big kid adventures that he has waiting for him. He's so very talented, funny, sweet, and adorable! I'm a proud Mama and so grateful that the Lord choose me for him! He's such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment